Tuesday, June 5, 2012

[Review] Laneige Multi Cleanser


Hi everyone, today I'm back with another beauty review. Along with the haul, I decided to do a review on the Laneige Multi Cleanser. I was running out of my Missha: Deep Cleansing Balm (my HG make up remover) and I wanted to try out something new. I've been using the Missha one for over a year, and it has also become a discontinued product ): 

I heard pretty positive reviews about the Multi Cleanser, and seeing as how I'm a big fan of Laneige (after purchasing their Water Sleeping Pack) I was quite intrigued to try out this product. 

It claims to be a '4 in 1 Cleanser' that removes make up/foundation, sunscreen, exfoliates and cleanses all at once. Not only this, but it uses mild plant extracts such as citrus, camelia, papaya, hyacinth and green tea. So, does it really live up to what it says it's suppose to do?

Continue reading to find out :)

First Impression: As always, Laneige has the most crisp and pretty packaging. I thought the box was well designed (with the shimmery snowflakes hehe) and the tube was easy enough to use. I actually wasn't expecting so much product for the price, and it will definitely last me a while - so that was a great thumbs up already. What I realised when using this is that a little goes a long way.

All you need is a pea/dime sized amount for your whole entire face - since after massaging it into your skin, it becomes SUPER foamy! Whilst it comes out as a cream based formula, it reminds me more so of a foaming cleanser (which I actually quite like). I did feel the very small grain-like micro beads when I was massaging, and I suppose that is the "exfoliating" aspect of the cleanser. 

After washing off, my face felt very soft and squeaky clean. True to its word, it really did remove ALL my make up. My skin felt very fresh, and cleansed. One thing that I did notice though, was that my skin did feel a little stripped of moisture :/

I suppose that's because I have normal to dry skin, and it is Winter time over here. 

Isn't the blue inside of the packaging gorgeous? As you can see, the tube is pretty basic and fool-proof to use.
Although it claims to be for "all skin types" it may be a little too drying for people with dry skin. I do definitely recommend this more sofor oily/combination skin. 

What I Like:

+ It leaves the skin feeling very clean, and completely removes ALL of your make up.

+ Since you only need a pea sized amount for your whole face, one tube will last you a very long time.

+ It uses plant extracts, so it's not quite as harsh on your skin.
+ Very easy to use, and the foamy texture is quite gentle on your skin. No tugging, or harsh rubbing required!

What I Dislike:

+ For people with drier skin like me, or during the Winter months it may just dry out your skin a little. 

+ This can be both a good/bad thing. It does have little grains/beads for the exfoliation aspect. In no way does it feel rough on the skin, but some people prefer not having this in their cleansers. As for me, then I don't really mind either way ^_^

+ It does leave the skin feeling squeaky clean. I actually quite like the feeling, but some people do not. It's all up to your preference, really. 

Overall Opinion: I actually quite liked this cleanser. It left my skin feeling super clean, and that was something I was really looking for. My previous cleanser (The Missha Deep Cleansing Balm) whilst it did leave my skin feeling soft and hydrated, it didn't give me that squeaky clean feeling. 

At the same time, I can see why this product had both positive/negative reviews. Whilst the multi-functionality of it is quite nice, it can be pretty difficult to cater to everyone's preferences. Not everyone wants a '4 in 1 cleanser' that removes make up, exfoliates and cleanses.

The multi-functionality of it also, can be quite drying on people with dry or sensitive skin. Price wise, then I'm really quite impressed. Such a large tube will last you a very long time, and it's definitely a worthy investment!

Would I Repurchase? Perhaps, since by the time I'm done using it - I will most likely want to try other products. It's a great cleanser, but it's not quite "HG" for me yet ^_^

Rating★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment