Sunday, October 14, 2012

[Review] Juju Aquamoist Vitamin C Toner & Moisturiser


Hello everyone, I know it's been a while since my last review ^_^" I've just been super busy, but I do assure you guys that I have not forgotten this blog. As per requested, in my last "Sasa Haul" I had promised to review the products purchased after testing them out. After using the Juju Aquamoist Vitamin C Toner & Moisturiser in my skin care routine for the past 4-5 months, I can safely say that I have a pretty good gist of how it's affected my skin, and whether or not it lives up to all the "hype". 

I originally purchased it after finishing up my Aloe Vera Toner & Moisturiser, which was also from Juju Aquamoist. I absolutely love Juju Aquamoist's skin care products, and their Aloe Vera line had been a definite HG. My curiosity was piqued after hearing the rave reviews on the Vitamin C Skin Care line. So of course, I just had to try it out for myself. 

First Impression: When I first opened these babies up, the first thing that I noticed was the sleek packaging. It just was of so much higher quality than the Aloe Vera line (since the toner bottle was made of flimsy plastic and felt quite cheap). I think they really stepped up the packaging for this one not only because of the higher price range, but for products that claim to have "Vitamin C" - its 'enrichening' properties can fade over time when exposed to direct sunlight. 

I did not like the cap for the toner bottle however. I really couldn't control the amount of product I was putting onto my cotton pad, unlike the Juju Aquamoist Aloe Vera Toner. After placing it onto my skin, I felt that the consistency was definitely a lot heavier on the skin than the Aloe Vera Toner. The next day, I noticed my skin feeling so much smoother than the night before. By the second month of using it, my skin was visibly more even and brighter. 

I do have to warn you guys that because it is a Vitamin C product, it does contain citric acid. This means it has whitening properties. For people who have more sensitive skin, or if you just don't like the whole whitening idea in general - then steer clear of these two products. As far as its claims of "whitening" goes, then I did notice a subtle difference in my skin.

It definitely became a shade lighter after consistent use (which I not at all disliked, since I suit pale/fair skin). Overall, then I give the Juju Aquamoist Vitamin C Toner a thumbs up :) 

On the other hand, then I was not so impressed with the Juju Aquamoist Vitamin C Moisturiser from the very moment I opened it. For a gel formula moisturiser, it was incredibly liquidy - almost like water, and not at all in a pleasant way. I ended up spilling half of the contents the moment I opened it, since I hadn't expected it to be so watery. 

Moisturise-wise, then I've definitely used better for my normal-dry skin type. Whilst it does hydrate my skin fairly well, it pales in comparison to the Juju Aquamoist Aloe Vera Moisturiser.



What I Like:

+ The toner helped even out my skin, and after using it for 2 months + my skin is visibly smoother and brighter. 

+ The toner definitely allowed my moisturiser to absorb so much better. 

+ The sleek packaging is a great plus. 

+ True to its word, the products really do whiten your skin after using them over a period of time. For me, then this is a great plus (since I like having pale/fair skin). But for those who do not like whitening - then these two products really won't be the ones for you. 

What I Dislike:

+ The consistency of the toner felt a little too thick for my liking, whilst the moisturiser was just far too watery. 

+ Moisturise-wise, then the moisturiser didn't do too bad. Not bad, but not great either. This would be great for oily/combination skin, but not so much for dry skin. 

Overall Opinion: I'm honestly quite "in-between" or "eh" with my thoughts on this skin care line. They're not bad products per say, but they definitely didn't live up to the original hype that I had been hearing about all this time. If I had to choose between the Juju Aquamoist Aloe Vera line and this one, I would without a doubt choose the Aloe Vera. 

I guess in the end it all came down to the Aloe Vera suiting my skin type more so than the Vitamin C line, for I have normal/dry skin. Not only that, but another additional bonus is that the Aloe Vera line is almost half the price of the Juju Aquamoist Vitamin C line. 

Nonetheless, if you have oily/combination skin and you're looking for something to whiten your skin - I would definitely recommend giving the toner a shot. Whilst the moisturiser did disappoint me, the toner did everything it claimed to do. It really is a great toner, and the only downside was the rather heavy/sticky feeling it left my skin with afterwards. 

Would I Repurchase? No, after finishing these two up I'll most likely repurchase my Juju Aquamoist Aloe Vera Toner & Moisturiser :) 

Rating★★

2 comments:

  1. I dont quite understand if this is a lotion or a toner? And what is the differences between those two?? (Sorry, english is not my mother laguage). I have been looking at this and the 'Etude House Wonder Pore Freshner', which is a toner to prevent big pores and blackheads. But now im unsure if I can buy both of them, since I before thought the 'Aquamoist Vitamin C Toner' was a lotion (like a cream? I heard someone reviewing this is a lotion/cream) and the 'Etude House Wonder Pore Freshner' was a toner to put on BEFORE the 'aquamoist Vitamin C toner' :-/
    I really like the idea of having smaller pores but also I want to have brighter skin (with the aquamoist one). If these are both toners (used before creams) can you use two toners in your skin care or are you only 'allowed' to use one? Or do you happen to know anyother creams who does the same thing as the "vitamin c toner"?? I know you reviewed the moisturizer of this line, but I just dont think it sounds that good (the cream not your reviewXD) :-)
    Hope you can help and thx for a good review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it available in the Philippines? I really want to try it but I cant find any stores here that would sell juju cosmetic products. May I know where I can buy it? If possible I don't want to buy it online but if there are no options then please tell me where i can order it online and how much does it cost. By the way, I live in Cebu. :-)

    ReplyDelete